Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Vomiting, fever, chills, abdominal pain after eating rice. Symptoms of food poisoning?

My husband was eating at a buffet and claims the rice tasted funny so he stopped eating it, but it made him feel sick almost immediately. He threw up just once, but has had fever and chills, abdominal pain and he has a lot of gas (burping). No diarrhea and hasn t vomited since the first episode. He thinks it s food poisoning and I m skeptical because of the awful Norovirus that seems to be affecting everyone.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that due to polluted food there might be gastro-intestinal infection leading to chill and fever.
Give him Omiprazole and paracetamol or anti spasmodic tablet.
Give plenty of water,
Give him curd, butter milk.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor