Stomach pain with vomiting. Food poisoning? Going through menopause. Taking BP medication

hi doctor my mom is under bp medication and has been taking it since 6 months now.... she is also taking menopace ISO as she is menopausing... today she happened to eat papaya which has caused her immense pain in the abdomen . she started with an apple then papaya, later pomegranate and banana before lunch... for lunch she ate noodles but by then she had already started feeling slight pain... she has puked the entire food out right now... the time now is 1 Am.... i would like to know what should she do now... could it be food poisoning ... and can the pain be controlled by cyclopam tablet?
Fri, 15 Mar 2019
Hi.

Vomiting of entire food at 1 am can be due to stasis in stomach secondary to gastroenteritis or gastritis.
Blood pressure medications probably has no role into such a problem.
Surely yes, Cyclopam can help reduce the spasms or intestinal pain.
Also needed is the following:
Since there is vomiting at 1 am, it is best to take her to ER for the following reasons:
Get the vitals checked.
Clinical evaluation and management of symptoms like that for vomiting and pain in abdomen.
I think it is most probably an intolerance to so many fruits as these do cause gastritis.
Also watch for loose motions, chills, fever indicating intestinal infection and get treated accordingly.
Once the nausea and vomiting are controlled then take plenty of oral fluids to counter dehydration.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T Chandrakant,
General Surgeon