Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Vaginal itching, irritation and discomfort during intercourse, cheesy discharge, no odor. Am pregnant. HPV infection?

I am a 23 year old female and in November 2011 I was shown to have a yeast infection . I had a very poor doctor who rushed through my pap smear and I feel as though the problem may have been something worse. I have used many OTC and prepared treatments from the pharmacy, with relief but no cure. My symptoms include- vaginal itching, irritation and discomfort(especially during intercourse), and cottage cheese like discharge with no odor(large amounts). All pap smears showed signs of yeast. I got a new doctor, she is very good, and recently had a pap smear which showed no abnormalities and no indication of yeast. After the pap, I did my urine sample and some discharge was flushed into the urine sample. The urine came back showing white blood cells. I am currently using a 7 day vaginal treatment of Clortimazole 5mg cream. I am worried that it may indicate something more serious such as an HPV infection? My fiance had occasional single light brown colored flat bumps under his penis shaft, that easily came off in the shower when picked off. He is scheduled for a doctors visit. I am currently 4 months pregnant, and I do not want any infection, obviously, and am concerned about treatment methods. What can this possibly indicate? All symptoms of yeast infection, no yeast bacteria, and shown to have white blood cells in discharge?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  183
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for query.
Along with local application of anti fungal cream go for oral antifungal tablet like Flucanozole 150 mg after consulting your doctor.
It will give complete relief.
problem of your fiance is more likely due to collection of smegmas under fore skin of penis.
Keep your local hygiene clean,dry and healthy.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see ur partner and u must undergone some kind of blood test like CBC,HIV.HbSAg,blood sugar both fasting and Post pardinal.and also ur husband should follow antibiotic course for 5 ur pap smear was clear which is gud sign but if u still have white discharge problem then put vaginal passary candid v for 6 day course .and do regular follow up sonography which gives u proper idea about ur infection.drink more fluid and avoid sexual intercourse.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor