Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have PCOD, matured follicles, negative PT. Suggest?

respected madam, I have PCOD since one year and trying to concieve from december 2012,I took my first dose of clomid 50mg from 5/3/13 to9/3/13, on 19th TV scan was done,but no matured follicles found,but no periods till today,this is my 35 th day after clomid,neg urine preg test on8/3/13. but today i have back pain and mild low abd pain please tadvise me some Anitha
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi.. you are having PCOD, and trying with ovulation induction with clomiphene... your follicular scan didnot see the good size follicle.. probably the follicle must have developed into cyst, they are functional cyst which produces progesterone.. that could be the cause for delayed periods,
now you have back pain and abdominal cramps.. prabably you may get your periods in a day or 2...
see your obstetrician if it doesnot...
all the very best...
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Shoaib Khan's  Response
Hello Anitha and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Many women with PCOD/PCOS are advised clomiphene (eg. clomid) when they decide to conceive. But some women have reported a non-responsive state to the medication.

In such cases, the drug should first be tried at a higher dosage, and then watchful waiting is observed.

If no improvement is seen even after this, the woman should discontinue the clomid, and be put on oral contraceptive pills for a duration of 2-3 months, which helps in regularizing the periods. After which the clomid can be re-initiated. In such cases most of the women get sensitive to the medication, and pregnancy results.

Your symptoms are very vague, and cannot directly be related to pregnancy. If it has been at least 2 weeks since your last sexual contact or if you are missing your period, then I would suggest a pregnancy test (home), using an early morning urine sample, which would yield a most accurate result. Wishing you lots of luck, a beautiful and uneventful pregnancy, resulting in a beautiful and healthy baby. God bless.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: . I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor