Is it effective & safe to take meprate for delay in periods?

I am 28 years .i have pcos,laproscopy 23rd july 2010,after that i had an miscarriage last year (may 2011).after that we are prescribed yasmin contracep ..for 3 cycle..i had taken 2 cycle ,after that i started letoval and duphaston which were already given before my conception for almost 1.5 year.period became irregularagain. no preg occur .after that clomid and hcg injection along with follicular study treatment were done for 2 cycle..but no positive result..tired of everything and stoppted..but period become irregular..doc told to take meprate..10 for 7 days daily 3 each..this is the 2nd time of meprate ..today is the 5 th day after last meprate taen..no period yet..give some advice..doc
Tue, 27 Jul 2021
OB & GYN Specialist 's  Response

After last dose of Meprate tablet you should wait for 7 days for periods, still if periods not come go for beta HCG test in blood to rule out pregnancy.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sunita Kothari, OB & GYN Specialist