• question-icon

What causes difficulty in conceiving despite taking Agnus castus and Asparagus racemosus?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi, I am taking a combined tincture of shatavari and Agnus castus. I've got low egg reserve and my progesterone has drop slightly, we have been to specialist and they say as of me being 47 it is highly likely I would get pregnant maybe a small percentage, and if I did it would probably result in misscarrage. I have regular periods 30-34days some time longer, as one time resulting in misscarrage in December 2016 no period for ten weeks, I'm a positive person and believe it will happen if god wills it. I've been taking this tincture since my last period on the 7 XXXXXXX and I did a pregnancy test after 34 days it was negative, but it is day 50 now and I've not come on still. Any advice please would be gratefully apprenticeshiped. We are desperate to have a baby we have been tried for 2 1/2 years now. I eat healthy and look after my self. Husbands sperm test was very satisfactory he's 46 years old
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs guidance from your G&O doctor

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Pregnancy involves a number of factors, ALL of which need to fall in place. It is good to know that the sperm quality in case of your husband is good. Coming to your case, you need to understand that the hormonal support from the side of the body is likely to be less. This reduces the chances of a successful pregnancy. Even in case of a successful conception (beginning of pregnancy) hormonal support might be needed if the pregnancy is to be continued. Low egg reserve is not concerning as anything better is not expected for your age. Clomifene citrate or other methods of ovulation induction should do the task. A folliculometry would need to be done on daily basis during the fertile period to check for ovulation. You need to have unprotected sex during this period (on alternate days) and that can ensure a successful conception. With proper hormonal support you still have the possibility of being able to continue the pregnancy to its completion.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 hours later
My Gyno would not give me any progesterone treatment as he said if i fell pregnant there would be a possiblitly of chromasomal decfect egg in which bu taking progestrone would hold the egg if fertilized and it would be devastating he said if when coming to have a scan and then trying for so long having to have a termanation, i wasnt in toltally denial but wasnt what i wanted to hear and i didnt really agree. But if your saying i need hormmonal support i wont get that from my gyno at the hospital i went to, so i would be beey grateful ifnyou could give me any advice to what to do next. Most months i also i have spotting in and off throughout the month after a week after my period and on and off un till i next come on, this month im late and ive not had any. Kind regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Risks are there but you will have to make a choice

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. You need to decide upon a strategy. Following the age of 35 years, the chances of things going wrong increases sharply. So, by deciding that you want to go for pregnancy you are already taking the risk. The body often rejects imperfect samples of conceptus through miscarriages but it is also possible that the body might not be able to support a normal conceptus without hormonal support. There is no way to find out what the exact situation is actually going to be. So, you would have to take your chance.

I would suggest you to visit another gynecologist and to get his opinion.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha