Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chronic gynaecomastia

hello sir,
I m 30 years old and I am suffering from chronic gynaecomastia which is bilateral but the right side is much more unevenly enlarge like a spongy bag and also my tits are protruding like that of a make matters worse its the right side of the breast which exerts so much pressure of my chest and shoulders that i feel lot of pain and stress in my shoulders.It has made my life hell.and I m suffering it all because of a doctor's carelessness who operated on me on my testicles for hydrocele which was actually a filarial inflamation according to his he operated only on on side and left the other when I was in the prime of my adolescence around 17 or 18.It then started going wrong since then.and I have been suffering ever make matters worse I was also thinking if I had klinfelters syndrome or a genetic problem and added to my woes.However now I m assured that it is not klinfelters but only due to testicular malfunction leading to hormonal disarray!well I for certain know that it is irreversible but I would be obliged if whatever else can be done to better my condition though I am not in favor of surgery.I m only intersted in medicinal treatment.thanks
Fri, 30 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Please do a self-check and tell me the findings: First of all put a flat of the pals and see if you can palpate a well-circumscribed lump other than the normal fat.

Secondly, try to catch hold the area with fingers and see if you can feel separate lymph.

These two tests can tell whether this is gynecomastia or accumulation of fat alone. Ultrasonography of the area can help further.

If this is Gynecomastia, only surgical removal can cure it. If this is an accumulation of fat, it can be removed surgically or by liposuction.

If this is due to obesity, reduction of the body fat by diet control and increasing exercises can help to reduce this.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Respected Sir, Gynecomastia is swelling of the breast tissue in boys or men, caused by an imbalance of the hormones estrogen and testosterone....

Recent questions on  Hydrocele

doctor1 MD

Hello, i am a male, almost 70 yrs old ovedrweight, ugly, all kind of problems with mt health.4 diff. blood press meds, i have a left hydrocele, 3...

doctor1 MD

hello sir,
I m 30 years old and I am suffering from chronic gynaecomastia which is bilateral but the right side is much more unevenly enlarge like...

doctor1 MD


doctor1 MD

Hello, I was diagnosed with a hydrocele some time ago, but it never really bothered me (or very infrequently) so i never got it fixed. The past...

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

Does certain masturbation methods cause testicular torsion like for humping the bed or a bag?

doctor1 MD

I had hydrocele surgery the day before thanksgiving. I had 3 sacs of water according to my dr. This is day 14 and my ball sac is still swollen on...