Can testicular torsion cause low grade testicle pain?
No - testicular torsion cause a LOT of pain.
No, testicular torsion would not cause low grade pain. It causes rather sudden moderate to severe testicular pain and severe tenderness and swelling. There can also be nausea and vomiting.
On exam one testis will be "high riding" with its long axis oriented transversely instead of longitudinally related to shortening of the spermatic cord from the torsion ("bell clapper deformity") Profound testicular swelling occurs early, and then there is usually development of a hydrocele and redness of the scrotum 12-24 hrs later. In the early stages, an experienced examiner can often differentiate the swollen, exquisitely tender testis from the softer, less tender epididymis posteriorly. It is often possible to detorse a testis during examination by gentle rotation away from the midline. Relief of pain with detorsion indicates likely testicular torsion.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can clarify further.
Thoughts on this.
If your symptoms have been going on for as long as you described, it is time to go in to get this checked. It may be epididymitis (epididymo-orchitis), particularly if you are sexually active with partners in the past or had recent trauma to the area. If the doctor thinks that an infection is the cause, an antibiotic can treat it. Or it could be a varicocele which is an enlargement of a vein in the scrotum.
So it is time to be checked as it doesn't seem to be going away on it's own, and the description of the left testicle being oriented differently now could be a sign that there is some swelling behind it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Testicular torsion pain stop
- Intermittent testicular torsion causes
- Dull pain in testicle doubt about testicular torsion
- How painful is testicular torsion
- Are abdominal pain symptoms of testicular torsion?
- Testicular torsion causes
- Testicular torsion level of pain
- Having epididymal cyst on testicle having pain suffered testicular torsion
- Can masturbation cause testicular torsion
- Lupus causing testicular torsion
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis