Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suffering with hemorrhoids, intense pain, dab of light blood on tissue after wiping. Treatment?

I get a embarrassed about this sort of medical topic and, I ve never told anyone out side my family before. So this is the first time I ve ever told anyone. I really want help, my problem has gone on long enough. It s preventing me from going out side and enjoying my life. Am 24 year old guy by the way. It s been nearly 4 and half years since I last went out. My problem is that, am suffering from hemeroids if that s spelt correctly. At certain points when I go the toilet, sometimes it s real hard. It s hard that when I eventually go, I feel some pain afterwards also with a dab of light blood on the toilet tissue after I had wiped myself. I once a few years ago struggled to go, it was that bad I fell to the floor in tears and was vomiting with poop out of my mouth. I was a kid back then still at school. Now that am 24 am actually starting to go again it s not that bad but the problem is still present. I can never go outside any more I ve always had to stay at home in case the painful experience happens again and have a toilet close by to me. Please if anyone can give me some advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your problems of difficulty in passing stools and hard stools, followed by mild bleeding seems to be indicative of an anal fissure. Anal fissures are tears in the mucosa of the anal canal, due to the impact of hard stools. Sometimes, a chronic anal fissure can result in a fold of skin in the anal opening (called a "sentinel pile"), which may be appear to be a hemorrhoid.

The basic cause of this problem is constipation and recurrent passage of hard stools. So, I would advise you the following:
- Avoid constipation by trying the following remedial measures: increasing the fibre content in your diet (take plenty of fruits and vegetables), you can also try a natural fibre laxative like Naturolax or Fybogel; keep yourself adequately hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- You can use a local anesthetic like Lignocaine gel to relieve the pain due to the fissure.
- If these simple measures don't provide relief, then you need tp see a doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Regarding your problem of avoiding going out, it appears that you past negative experiences have created a psychological fear / phobia of public situations which could be potentially embarassing due to your bowel problem. You can deal with it by gradually exposing yourself to public situations, practicing relaxation techniques and learning to overcome this fear / phobia. You can also seek professional help from a psychiatrist to learn behavioural and psychological techniques to deal with this problem.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor