What is Anal canal?
Terminal portion of the alimentary canal; about 4 cm long, beginning at the anorectal junction, where the rectal ampulla abruptly narrows as the alimentary canal pierces the pelvic diaphragm (levator ani), and ending at the anal verge, when the anoderm that lines the lower anal canal changes to hairy perianal skin; surrounded by the internal and external anal sphincters.
Questions and answers on "Anal canal"
Health resources related to Anal canal
- Ureaplasma urealyticum anal canal
- Discomfort in anal canal
- Symptoms of anal canal cancer
- Drugs/medication for anal canal cancer
- Burning sensation in anal canal
- Pain in anal canal when sitting
- Anal canal abcess numbness
- Persistent boilsnear the anal canal
- Pimples in anal canal
- Diagnosis of anal canal cancer