Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Split on the tissue covering the vaginal entrance, sore and inflamed vagina with sharp acidic smell, slight irritation. Help?

I felt something rip when having intercourse in the bath, and ignored it thinking it would go away. For the month following sex was very painful but only at the vaginal opening and about an inch in. Upon investigation a month later, after another menstrual cycle; it looks as if a small split has happened on the tissue covering the vaginal entrance; possibly my labia minora but it is the tissue flaps right under it, and now my vagina is inflamed and sore. It also has a sharp acidic smell to it now, slight irritation.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

Your symptoms of vaginal irritation with acidic smell suggests vaginal infection with bacterial vaginosis.

Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are vaginal discharge and odor, although 85% of women with the condition experience no symptoms.

In diagnosing bacterial vaginosis, it is important to exclude other serious infections, such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia.

Get a swab test done.

Treatment options for bacterial vaginosis include oral antibiotics and vaginal gels.

Hope this helps.

Dr Nilofer
Answered: Sun, 27 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor