Severe vaginal dryness and itching. Vaginal cysts that look like a bunch of balloons

About 6 weeks ago I experienced severe vaginal dryness and itching. I inserted some Replens but it did not help. I took a little mirror and discovered several cysts clustered together that almost completely blocked the opening of my vagina. When I spread the vaginal lips, I saw that the cysts were connected to the top of the vagina as well as the inner walls. All of the cysts were flesh colored. I went to my gynecologist, who ruled out herpes or STDs. The cysts have continued to grow. I inserted a clean finger and felt around, and the cyst(s) extend further up my vagina than my finger can reach. The top cyst now has a large black mark in the middle of it. The itchiness has pretty much disappeared, but rarely I will get a sharp pain. I understand that the cysts could be due to blocked glands, but I am concerned because they have not gone away. The gynecologist said only to watch and wait and to take sitz baths. Am I missing something? Should I go to a gynecologist oncologist?
Wed, 4 May 2011