Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Severe vaginal dryness and itching. Vaginal cysts that look like a bunch of balloons

About 6 weeks ago I experienced severe vaginal dryness and itching. I inserted some Replens but it did not help. I took a little mirror and discovered several cysts clustered together that almost completely blocked the opening of my vagina. When I spread the vaginal lips, I saw that the cysts were connected to the top of the vagina as well as the inner walls. All of the cysts were flesh colored. I went to my gynecologist, who ruled out herpes or STDs. The cysts have continued to grow. I inserted a clean finger and felt around, and the cyst(s) extend further up my vagina than my finger can reach. The top cyst now has a large black mark in the middle of it. The itchiness has pretty much disappeared, but rarely I will get a sharp pain. I understand that the cysts could be due to blocked glands, but I am concerned because they have not gone away. The gynecologist said only to watch and wait and to take sitz baths. Am I missing something? Should I go to a gynecologist oncologist?
Asked On : Wed, 4 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  327
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The multiple cyst you are describing looks more like vaginal warts due to HPV (human papiloma virus).Please get re-examined by the Gynaecologist and ask her to get tested for HPV so that you are not missing on it.Do not neglect please get tested soon.
Answered: Wed, 4 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You may be having a Vaginal Candidiasis or it could be STD. You should be getting a Blood Work up done to rule out the exact cause.
Kindly consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined. I don't need there is any need to consult a Gynecologic Oncologist.

Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Wed, 4 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor