Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Severe pain on the either sides of the lower abdomen while passing urine. Suggestion?

Dear Sir,
In last 4-5 months, in 4-5 time times in total, I have not been able to pass the urine. Not even 5-7% of total. It gives me severe pain near both sides of kidney. This problem arises every 15 days or 1 month for once in a while. And only when after lunch I drink a lot of water, then I will be able to pass complete urine (Around 3 pm in afternoon). Please suggest the reason and solution for this problem. Till the time I pass whole urine, I will feel restless and painful.

Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
You have not mentioned your age.
From the description of your symptoms it appears that you are not able to empty the bladder completely.
I suggest that you should get an ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder with a scan for post void residue.
Also get a urine exam and blood tests like CBC creatinine.
You need to see a nephrologist/urologist who can examine you, look at the results of the above mentioned tests and provide appropriate therapy.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Malik Shahnaz's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic
well i think you should do a urine examination and and altrasound abdomen and pelvis. you havent mentioned your age and sex but from the name it appears you are a male. ultrasound will tell us about the kidneys bladder & prostate, and urine exam will tell us about any infections in urine. also do a post voind scan to see if theres any residual urine.
consult a urologist if simple antibiotics and analgesics dont help.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

  User's Response
Hi, many thanks for the query!
You need to do- Urine (R/M), USG KUB, RFT.
If required, further investigations may be needed.
Till then take antispasmodics, pain killers, diuretics with your Urologist's opinion.
Wish you a good health.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor