What causes hip discomfort along with knee and ankle stiffness after proton therapy?
Please advise what the cause may be and if there is something that can be done to treat this?
It's better to get PSA levels, X-ray Hip and alkaline phosphatase
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, to start with you need to get fresh PSA levels alongwith ultrasound prostate as well as Xrays of hip joint as well as vertebral spine to rule out recurrence or spread.
Blood tests like alkaline phosphatase, calcium and LDH may also be needed and a repeat urologist review will be better. Local neurological examination and lower legs nerve conduction studies may also be needed.
Meanwhile analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen will help. For several pain nerve pain suppressants like gabapentin may be needed.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes stiffness and swelling in the ankle joint
- What causes stiffness in the throat
- What causes pain and stiffness in hip
- What causes a stiff tongue
- What could cause inflammationswelling and stiffness of knee
- What is the cause of stiff foot
- Causes of knee pain stiffness
- What is causing a stiff leg
- What could cause a stiff knee when bathing
- What causes stiff muscles