Is CIDP disease related to fibromyalgia?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: is the a connection between CIPD and fibromyalgia?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Similar symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
These diseases seem to be closely related from what we can see symptomatically. Extreme muscle weakness (such as unable to climb stairs, stand on toes, ,run, etc), fatigue, tingling/nerve pain, numbness, little to no reflexes, etc are common features.
These can be related to autoimmune cause also. Consulting a neurologist will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal