Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Right lower side abdominal pain, small cyst in right ovary, nausea. Had hysterectomy 3 years back. Treatment?

Hi, I have right lower side abdominal pain which goes all the way to my lower back. Saw a GP 2 weeks ago and did a sonar which showed a small cyst my right ovary. I finished my antibiotics and the pain comes and goes. I'm nauseous in the mornings and late at night. Oh, I had hysterectomy 3yrs back. What could be the problem?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
Right sided lower abdominal pain can be due to Appendicitis,Right sided kidney stone,Right ovarian cyst etc.
But, a 2cms cyst will not cause such pain.
As kidney stones are ruled out on scan,it can be Appendicitis.Unless appendix is grossly enlarged,it cannot be seen in ultrasound scan.
Sometimes,after surgery there will be adhesions and it may cause pain intermittently.If there is distension of abdomen,vomiting and constipation,surgery should be done.
Get a CT scan abdomen for correct diagnosis.My first possibility is Appendicitis
Wish you good health
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi ! Was your appendix removed during the hysterectomy or not ? If not, a mild attack of recurrent appendicitis cannot be ruled out which can be diagnosed clinically only by examination by the treating doctor during the pain.
It could also be due to a small ureteric stone with hydronephrosis due to back pressure and can be diagnosed by a repeat ultrasound with special reference made to the KUB.
Next possibility can be some adhesions in the bowel and the scar.
A small cyst in the right ovary could only be an incidental finding or the ovary might be getting twisted intermittently along with the cyst.
One can go for a CECT after showing it to the treating gynaecologist/surgeon, and if it is troubling more, then a diagnostic laparoscopy is an option.
Wishing you an early recovery.
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor