Is lower right abdominal pain after eating leftover food a medical emergency?
Better than normal blood pressure around 126-138 over 84-86, with a heart beat greater than 60 but usually no higher than 80. He's weight has always been around 200 lbs.
XXXXXXX is primary a healthy man that occasionally takes something from the International Drug Market for erectile dis-function and has had indication of peryronies disease, both of which he's talked with his primary care physician and checked on these with his Urologist last year. As most older Americans taking some kind of medication, he has occasional depression.
Due to chronic lifetime poor posture, his stomach protrudes some over his belt buckle. Beginning last evening his whole stomach became sore and says he has a pain on his lower right side, but there are no other symptoms and he does not have a fever.
We travel on a boat as extended cruisers 10 months of each year. We are currently in XXXXXXX NC for their Waterfront Christmas during the whole month of December. Today Sunday Dec 03 we are traveling to Hampton/Newport News, XXXXXXX where all of our doctors reside and where we have had annual check-ups over the past 20 years. We are traveling to Hampton/Newport News to get our pickup truck and bringing it back here, so we'll have transportation while in XXXXXXX NC.
The last thing he ate was he own normal 4-day old refrigerated leftover chicken fried gravy mix with onions over bread pieces, which he might have once or twice in a month. This was a small to medium (no more than 2 cup) portion.
It is unlike him to feel bad or have any kind of pain. He slept last night and is sleeping again this morning. Again no fever.
If this stomach and lower right side pain does not go away, he can see his primary physician Dr. XXXXXXX Phillips in Newport News tomorrow Monday Dec. 04 morning. If this is appendicitis and the pain is not acute, can he wait until in the morning to see his regular doctor, who could get him immediately to a specialist in their XXXXXXX Hospital care network for whatever the problem might be? and what sign do I need to be aware of that would mean getting him immediately to a hospital and surgeon, where ever we'd happen to be?
The condition may be intestine infection orappendicitis.guidelines narrated
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query for your husband XXXXXXX thoroughly .
* The present pain may have different possibilities as
- intestine infection ( from chicken gravy ) - appendicitis - other causes .
* If the pain is not acute ( symptom score less than 5 of 10 ) , he can surely wait
until tomorrow morning to see Dr. XXXXXXX Phillips .
In that condition better to
- allow him more of liquids .
- prefer soft , light diet , organic fruits .
- avoidance of oily , spicy , non veg till possible .
* Be aware of the following in which case have to immediately get him in a
hospital and surgeon
- severe unbearable pain ( symptom score of 7 of 10 or more )
- associated vomiting
- fever more than 101 degree C
- severe diarrhea
Hope this will help you for sure .
Wishing XXXXXXX fine health and a happy journey .
Welcome for any further assistance .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower right abdominal pain and bruises
- Headache and lower right abdominal pain
- Lower right abdominal pain after drinking bber
- Lower right abdominal pain no period
- Dull lower right abdominal pain
- Lower right abdominal pain after weight lifting
- Lower right abdominal pain and chills
- Lower right abdominal pain women
- Lower right abdominal pain
- Lower right abdominal pain at night