Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Rashes and itching on the penis and scrotum. Fungal infection from the partner. Skin burned after using tea tree oil. Loss of sensation at the tip of the penis

6 months ago i had contracted a fungal infection from my partner. Although her rashes and itching had completely subsided with the use of medicines prescribed by her gynecologist , I still seem to be suffering for so long. I had visible symptoms of rashes and itching around my scrotum and penis. These symptoms vanished in 3 days with the use of normal talcum powder around the area. But I had erection problems. I had nearly no erection or soft erections. I visited many doctors who examined my penis and said there was nothing wrong with it and it was in my head. I had to browse through the net to find some sort of cure. I had read about tea tree oil and how effective it was in treating fungal infections ( candida ). I bought a bottle of concentrated tea tree oil and mixed a few drops with water and applied it to my penis (including the penis glans ). There was a slight stinging sensation 15-20 mins after I had applied the mixture. I panicked and washed it off immediately. The next day it got worse. There was hardly any sensation at the tip of the penis and the skin on the glans was dry and wrinkly. I visited a doctor about this and he said it looked fine. My dick is usually very sensitive at the tip and the skin on the glans is always smooth and soft. I felt like the tea tree oil had burnt the skin on my glans and ever since then the skin has not healed. Ive tried everything from Shea butter to moisturizing lotion but it stings wen i apply lotion on my penis. Also the candida is still present in my system and i believe it s gone to my blood stream because i always have this weird drunk kind of feeling and blurry vision. I read many posts on the internet about candida releasing toxins which causes this effect. Please help me get rid of this candida and restore back the sensation on my penis.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  570
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Fungal infection can be cleared by clotrimazole or terbinafine ointment application locally.I also advise my patients to take tab fluconazole weekly once for 1 month to stop recurrance.You should relax and the problem is more into your mind. Have a counselling with psychologist if you cant help yourself.Usually psychologists advises breathing exercises to relax yourself.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.
Answered: Tue, 20 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor