Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Popping noise from scrotum and rectum, painful, hurts to urinate, blood in urine, treated as STD. Treatment?

So my boyfriend was telling me a story from when he was 16. It was not during the time when in used steroids which he only used for not really even that long. It was after football practice. He was in the shower and bent over to pick up his washcloth. He said he heard a popping noise come from between his scrotum and rectum . He said he was in pain but doesn t know what it could be. The dr.s treated it like an STD by giving him 2 pills . This did not work. He has been having this problem for years and it hurts for him to urinate. He now has slight blood in his urine. Is there anything you might think it could be? I will be asking other dr.s for him because he s too embarrassed to ask and he frankly doesn t have the money or insurance but I do. Please give me any kind of ideas you have. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  151
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
The appearance of blood in urine can be due to many reasons.
Urinary tract infection (UTI), and trauma to the urinary tract are the most common causes of blood in urine.
A urine examination and microscopy are required to look for the any positive findings.
Presence of pus cells, epithelial cells, and/or red blood cells is suggestive of urinary tract infection.
Further culture and drug sensitivity are required to isolate the organism causing infection and to select most appropriate antibiotic.
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can also cause urinary tract infection.
STDs usually present with ulcer, rash, enlarged lymph nodes, or discharge from the urethra.
If your boyfriend has any of these symptoms, consultation with dermatologist/ veneralogist may be required.
Your boyfriend is advised to avoid sexual contact till these symptoms disappear.
In order to prevent STDs, safe sex should be practised.
Use barrier method of contraception to prevent STDs.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja p Wahal
Answered: Sun, 1 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor