Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Pea sized lump at the bottom of my vagina, what could be this ?

Hey, I recently found a pea sized lump just a litte bit inside and at the bottom of my vagina. Its yellow in colour and really worried that it hasn t gone away ? Noticed it two weeks ago!
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  562
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hii mam,

You are currently suffering from pea sized lump,little bit inside and at the bottom of your vagina.Probably it is "BARTHOLIN CYST".

So I give you a little details about the presenting condition.

**BARTHOLIN CYST is an cyst on the Bartholin gland. Each woman has 2 bartholin glands which are located at the entrance of the each side of vagina.
When one or both of the Bartholin glands become infected, Bartholin abscess occurs and if untreated,BARTHOLIN CYST develops.

COMMON SYMPTOMS (if Infected) >>
* hot, tender, swollen lump in the labia majora
* fever with burning sensation in urination
* painful and sensitive vagina
* pain with sexual intercourse
* occassional small discharge

if untreated properly, BARTHOLIN CYST may goes to form TUMOUR over 40 yrs age.

Antibiotics to combat infection + Analgesics
then draining of the abscess if formed.

* practice safe sex
* maintain good personal hygiene
* dont masturbate regularly
* wear cotton underwear
* drink plenty of water
In recurrent cases,gland may be removed/ MARSUPIALIZATION can be done.

All the best.
Answered: Mon, 28 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor