Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Pap smear done, detected with bacterial Vaginosis and HPV. Suggestions?

I am 17 years old and i had a pap smear done for my birth control and when the results came back, i was told i had an infection called Bacterial Vaginosis and that HPV was detected. My doctor told me HPV may be detected because i have the infection. So my question is being that HPV was detected in my Pap smear does that mean i have HPV?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
If pap smear is showing hpv and bacterial vaginosis than you have to take complete course of antibiotic.
Metronidazole or clindamycin either orally or vaginally are effective treatment.
Vaginal tab lat containing clotrimazole,tinidazole and lacticacid bacillus will be helpful.
Take proper local care.You have to go for regular follow up.
Keep in touch with your doctor.
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor