Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Over weight, irregular period, white mucus discharge. Done blood tests, peripheral smear study. What is going on?

Hi. I m 26 years old software professional married since six months.I had irregularities even before marriage and whenever I consult a doctor, after taking all the tests, I would be only diagonised to reduce my weight. I took one test before marriage that is by August and found the Scan report having something like Polycystic changes seen. Usually I get periods for 5 days and normal flow and once in two months. After marriage I got only once on October 12th and did not get a period till now but get the period cramps every month and kind of white mucus . I again consulted the doctor to check if I m pregnant but the pregnancy test and Beta HCG test came out negative confirming I m not pregnant. Then to see the reason for irregularities my doctor asked me to conduct the following tests, GTT , TSH, FT3, FT4, Urine Routine, CBC, Peripheral Smear study. GTT( Fasting , 30 mins, 1hr, 1.5 hr and 2 hr) was within normal range. TSH was 5.4(0.5 to 5.6). FT3 and FT4 was within normal range, Urine routine had everything within normal range, WBC - 8900, RBC - withing normal range, Platelets - 0000, HB - 12.8. Peripheral Smear Study was within normal range, Lipid Profile was within normal range, but triglycerides was 165(not sure if this normal). After seeing all these, doctor advised me to reduce weight and prescribed Meprate (1-0-1 for 5 days), Folic acid(30 days). I m 80 Kgs now and I see weight gain as the major problem and do not know the reason for my weight gain. I m seriously worried and have no clue why I have irregularities and weight gain when everything is normal.Do I need to check my endocrine system . Please help and advise. I take only vegetarian home prepared food of total calories 1600 to 1800 per day. I go for walk for 45 mins, yoga for 20 mins, 5 days a week. Eat healthy green leafy vegetables, fruits of one choice per day and lentils. Please suggest and help me to get rid of this problem and I seriously want to stay healthy and fit.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Assigning every problem to slight over weight may not solve the problem. You are on right course of exercise to reduce weight just add brisk walk instead of walk alone. You need to have medicine to regulate your periods. The irregular periods itself make the body bulky and increase weight.In herbal medicines we use uterine tonics to regulate periods. The report regarding PCOD also calls for treatment. In ayurveda we use ashoka and dashmoola as uterine tonics. There are number of non hormonal preparations that regulate the cycle. Check this part also and you will see weight loss will come at a faster rate. A complete examination by ayurvedic doctor will cure the imbalance in kaph that is responsible for such blockade and restore patency of all the macro and micro channels.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. could be early PCOS/PCOD?

2.going through the pathogenesis: pathology is obstruction in the pelvic cavity, thus treatment is to clear obstruction in the pelvis, normalize metabolism and regulate the menstrual system.

3. take hormone re balancing drug: shatavri.
consult with an ayurveda physician there.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor