Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Missing periods, want to take nordette oral contraceptive pill

I want to take nordette oral contraceptive pill . I had my period for month of February and March. But for month of April no period yet until today May 3, 2012. My boyfriend is coming 12 days from now, March 15, 2012 so i wanted to get protected if we have sex. But as instructed i should take pills starting first day of menstruation but until now i dont have it yet. So what can i do? Should i not wait for menstruation and take it, would it be effective still? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You can start the pill only after ruling out the pregnancy. test your blood for HCG levels and start the pill after that. Do consult your gynecologist for the pill best for you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
Answered: Thu, 10 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor