How long does Novelon take to show effect?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 24 Oct 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I'm XXXX.37 yrs old. I have 2 kids...my problem is irregular and painful periods. ..Dr. suggest me novelon tablets. ..I'm taking novelon 3 days but till now periods on..why
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It will take time.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Novelon is a low dose combined oral contraceptive pill and is used as an effective means of birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Novelon contraceptive pills contain a combination of two hormones at low doses in a single pill.It will take time at least 2-3 months to regularised the period.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal