Is pregnancy possible despite taking an emergency contraceptive?
get a urine pregnancy test done.
Thanks for the query to HCM,
IF she has taken just a combined oral contraceptive pill and just one pill before and after the sex, then she will not be protected from pregnancy. It should have been an emergency contraceptive pill like an Ipill which should have been taken within 72hrs of intercourse.
Now that she has missed periods by 2 weeks, it is important that she should rule out pregnancy with a urine pregnancy kit first. She may be pregnant.
Suggest some kit's name. And if in case it is positive what should be our next step. we want to do abortion with medicines only. Up to when abortion can be done with medicines. prescribe us the medicines too.
get the pregnancy test done first.
Before considering anything , just rule out or confirm pregnancy first. If positive then you need to get an ultrasound pelvis done to confirm intrauterine pregnancy as well because meds would not work if the pregnancy is ectopic. Also abortifacients cannot be prescribed online.
They have to be prescribed in written by gynecologist, so you would have to visit one.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to take nordette as emergency contraceptive
- Is pregnancy possible after taking emergency contraceptive pills
- When to take emergency contraception
- Taking multiple sprintec as emergency contraceptive
- While taking nordette as emergency contraceptive
- Taking duphaston and emergency contraception
- Emergency contraception taking yaz
- Taking ovranette contraceptive missed it emergency contraceptives recommended
- How to take sprintec as emergency contraceptive
- Taking yaz as emergency contraceptive
- What causes white spots around the vagina?
- What causes UTI during 8th month of pregnancy?
- Can Polybion be taken during pregnancy?
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking I-pill?
- What does my urine test result indicate?
- Can honey be consumed during pregnancy?
- What causes a painful bump on the nose bridge near left eye?
- Does intake of Diclofen help in delaying menstruation?
- What do my lab test results indicate?
- Is slight yellow vaginal discharge a symptom of yeast infection?