Is Norethisterone effective at controlling vaginal bleeding?
i will be going on holiday soon
can i take norethisterone to stop the bleeding?
And will this prevent me from bleeding during or after sex?
i will be reunited with my fiance after not seeing him for 6 months and would like to have intercourse during this period..
Use an oral contraceptive instead.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The bleeding that you are having s a side effect of depo provera. Norethisterone can stop the bleeding but it is better to start with a regular combined oral contraceptive pill for next 20 days to stop the bleeding completely.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Norethisterone can help.
Thanks for writing again.
If combined pill has not helped then you can try norethisterone. It can help in stopping the bleeding.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
After taking the Utovlan, the bleeding stopped on the 2nd day
But now on day 3, have started bleeding again. Does this mean that it wont work?
Im really worried
will i be able to have sex without worrying about bleeding during sex or afterwards?
Or should i expect to be bleeding during and after sex
i took my Utovlan tablet about 1 and a half hours later than the time i took it
this morning and started spotting, now the bleeding is heavier.
should i continue taking it as normal or increase the dosage?
or should i decrease the time between intervals
Increase the dosage thrice a day.
You can increase the dosage to thrice a day. The bleeding should gradually decrease.
But my problem is the bleeding will stop
Then start then stop again and start...
Its very irregular... so i dont know if the dosage is not high enough...
Dont increase the dose further.
Thrice a day is the dosage enough to control the bleeding. Do not increase the dose further. Just take the medicine on time and wait for the bleeding to stop.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Slimquick side effects vaginal bleeding
- Kenalog effect on vaginal bleeding
- Is vaginal bleeding a side effect of minivelle?
- Is vaginal bleeding a side effect of delestrogen?
- Malarone side effects vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal bleeding birth control mirena vaginal bleeding cramping
- Is vaginal bleeding a side effect of fulvestrant?
- Is vaginal bleeding a side effect of endometrin?
- Coumadin side effects vaginal bleeding
- Is vaginal bleeding a side effect of letrozole?
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...