Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Missing period, sore breasts cramps, negative hpt s. Can i ask doctor online?

Hi I have missied my period for the past three months but I keep getting negative hpt s . I am having some pregnancy symptoms but I m so confused .i have not been using anything and I have headaches sore breasts cramps and I am very tired. I cramp at some point everyday. I have also been off birthcontrol for eight months now.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Home pregnancy tests are usually accurate but not 100%. These tests test for B-HCG which should be being produced if you are pregnant. Your symptoms are seen in early pregnancy but can also be with other conditions. There are 2 tests that would be most helpful for determining if you were pregnant. One is a blood test that actually measures the amount of Hcg in your body, it results as a number, not positive or negative. The other would be an U/S to look at your uterus and to determine if there is a fetus (baby) there. If these are negative, then it is possible you could be having some alterations or abnormalities in your hormones (estrogen or progesterone) making your periods irregular and mimicking pregnancy symptoms or there are other issues such as thyroid problems that could also present with these symptoms.

Good luck and take care
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor