Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Lump behind ear under the jaw, have pain and temperature on that side of face, eases with antibiotics. Opinion?

Hi I am a man 56 years old.I had a lump behind my right ear under the appeared first time 6 years ago. some times I feel some pain and high temperature in my right side of my face. it is about one inch volume. I get some better when I have antibiotic medicine. but the lump did not shrink. pls, I need your opinion. what can I do with this problem. thanks
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

First of all let me tell you that many of my patients have the swelling you mentioned without any problems whatsoever.

But any mass or swelling has to be properly examined by the ENT and only then we can be perfectly sure that you are fine.

So consult an ENT, ask for a proper examination and maybe request for a FNAC or biopsy to confirm the diagnosis

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan

ps: even scalp lesions can cause the nodes to be enlarged like this which can be confirmed by the ENT
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor