Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Labia minora is inflamed and hard. Is there any treatment to reduce the swelling ?

Right side of my labia minoria is inflamed. It was itchy last night, I scratched like crazy and put vagisil on it. This morning I woke up and my right labia was huge and when touched, felt hard. I am 17 years old and am sexually active but have not had sex for a month. Last time I went to the doctor (about two months ago), I was free of any STDs but a few months ago I had a yeast infection followed by BV. Right now, I m having no symptoms but the itchy labia (no weird colored discharge, odor, burning). What is wrong and is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling for now (ice it perhaps) ?
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1533
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
swollen labia minor a indicate some infection with inflammation .As itching was there ,so fungal infection super-added by bacterial infection appear to be the sole reason.As you are sexually active ,so get in touch with gynec to get investigated & treated without any delay,.there is no harm in applying ice packs ,but only ice packs are not going to cure the ailment.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”

Answered: Sun, 15 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor