Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
196 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Itchy spot on penis, redness in penis head. Want medicine

pls doctor,am 26 year guy and i have some problem i fel itching spots on my penis and body and the heard of my penis become redish and very itching and now the itching stops i see something round on the neck of the penis pls i want to no the can of medicine to take if i dont like injection can i give birth with it because i dont go to hospital thanks
Thu, 3 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It is due to fungal infection of that area.
It usually occurs after improper hygiene,tight,wet under garment.
Take proper local care,keep it very clean and dry.
Apply local anti fungal cream.Oral anti fungal like flucanazole-150 will be helpful.
Take levocertizine,nsaid to subside itching and inflammation.
Avoid sex till get complete cure.
Consult dermatologist for proper medical management.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi i get something allergy on my penis and bowls. it s allergy in my whole body. my skin become red & start aching. but on my penis and on bowls...

Recent questions on  Fungal infection

doctor1 MD

Im Evelyn, 27 height is 5'5 and my weight is 80kg. I would like to ask a question for my problem.I have a red rashes on the top of...

doctor1 MD

My groin area has become extremely painful in the last 2 day. I think it is some type of fungal infection. It hurts to walk and sit. When I towel...

doctor1 MD

Ive been to the er twice, because I can't afford a doctor. I've had this really itchy rash on my right leg upper thigh and on my groin area. Now my...

doctor1 MD

i m having problem of UTI and fungal infection both. since april i ve taken so many antibiotics. now my gynae advise me to take ornidazole 500 OD,...

doctor1 MD

My daughter is overseas and has asked about a rash she has developed: First one, now two, salmon-colored slightly raised patches of approximately 2...

doctor1 MD

My ESR Test Result: 30mm/hr in 1st hour and 2nd hour 60mm/hr why it’s come like can you please explain. Last 2 weeks on word i ma getting itching...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The inner skin of my thighs are becoming black and with small hard pimples . Please advise some medications as one of the pimple is...