Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Is there something wrong with me? We want to have a child

Is there something wrong with me? we want to have a child. Hi, I have been trying to have a baby for the past year now, I am 26 I have my monthly every month like clock work, have never missed one, me and partner have been trying and have sex every day two to three times a day for the past year, I would think with the amount of times we have sex a day it would increase our chances but nothing, we know that he is able to have kids due to almost having one in another relationship but they didn t keep it, my doctor says that because I have my monthly every month I should not worry to much about it but I feel like something is wrong with me and that I may not be able to have children. I am 26 and I have never been pregnant I have never had an STD, I have normal paps and I take care of myself well is there anything else I can do to incerase our chances we want to have a child three or four at that but are both scared that I am not able too please help, I am the oldest out of 6 of my moms kids and everyone of my brothers and sister have children even the youngest who is 17 is having his second child is there something wrong with me? Is there more I could be doing? why is this happening to me? I want to have a child and feel I am running out of time PLEASE HELP my doctor say there is nothing wrong with me PLEASE. Oh have never been on birth control ever.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
You need to get some tests done to find out the reason behind this.You should see a fertility specialist for that.Even if you have regular menses its important to find out if you are ovulating.There are drugs that help in ovulation.All this is a long procedure and many tests to be done.So i suggest you and your partner as a couple should see the infertility specialist.
Answered: Thu, 3 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
I have taken several tests and all point to nothing is wrong I don't know what to do. Is there anything I can do or try....
Answered: Thu, 3 Feb 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Well,first all your test have be normal.The problem needs to be identified and then you can be advised about treatment.As i mentioned,you need to do ovulation studies,HSG,etc and if the tests indicate patency and adequate ovulation then further management will be advised.
Answered: Thu, 3 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor