Is it normal to have burning and itching urination and wet vagina all the time after hysterectomy?

October was one year since I had a da vinci hysterectomy. Everything including my ovaries were taken out because of a ovarian tumor which was benign. I am 74 years old. My vagina is always wet and I thought after a hysterectomy it is dry. Also on the left of my vagina on the outer lips I have a very bad rash. The only way I can describe it is it seems to me to be like a babies diaper rash. When I urinate it burns and the itch is terrible. The itch is so bad that it sometimes bleeds. I had never had anything like this before the surgery. I do not have intercourse and I feel that if I did I would not need any lubricant because my vaginia is always wet. Is this normal? I have not seen a doctor for this. When I feel that part where it is itchy and burns it feels very rough, almost as if it is a scar from stitches.
Tue, 31 Dec 2013
Hi. You should see your Dr. at the earliest.
It is not normal to have wet vagina after hysterectomy.Rather it was expected other way round.
Since your ovaries have also been removed, it causes estrogen deficiency,which would have occurred earlier also at 74.This causes dryness of vagina and may cause itching. But the way you are having itching is not normal. you may be having urine infection along with and the thing like diaper rash seems to be intertrigo. it is due to contact of two skin surfaces and all time wet. Consult your Dr. and you may be advised for urine test and a smear from the vault or vagina and treatment accordingly.
Thanks.