• question-icon

What is the cure for external and internal hemorrhoids with valvular itching?

I have external and internal hemmoroids, which have been itching a lot and protruding for the last month.
Also along with that my inner vulva area has a raised sore spot, sometimes like a sore, sometimes like flattened sore area.(fluctuates)
Now I am having valvular itching too, extends to anus, with discoloring of that area, light tan or whitish.
No discharges though. That whole area seems sore when urinating sometimes.
Any ideas. Not sexually active for quite some time, am 60 yr old female.
Wed, 8 Jan 2014
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
The internal and external hemorrhoids which have prolapsed are managed by surgery.
You need to consult a surgeon for the management.
A whitish to tan colored patch extending from the vulval area to the perianal region is suggestive of senile change affecting the skin.
Estrogen deficiency seen during post-menopausal phase is responsible for atrophic patches in the perineal region.
These patches are commonly associated with itching.
This problem is not related with the hemorrhoids. It is commonly managed by application of estrogen cream locally.
You need to consult a gynecologist for this problem.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal