Owl Image

Is it normal to have a reoccurring ovarian cyst while on birth control pills ?

reoccuring left ovarian cyst and minimal fluid in culd de sac while on birth control pills 27 YO female; 3 kids all delivered by c section; tubes tied in 2008. In Feb 2011, I went to er with pelvic pain , fainting and nausea. Diagnosed leaking 4 cm hemmoragic cyst on left ovary and minimal free fluid in culde de sac in which they said was causing the.faintness and nausea.2 months later and on steady birth control pills, went to er for.pelvic pain and nausea. Said to have had ruptured ovarian cyst but the original hemmorragic cyst was gone.and that this was another cyst with free fluid in culd de sac, causing my faintness and nausea and also a reverted uterus which causes.me a great deal of pain after sex and severe cramps.. My question is, it this normal to.continue to get ovarian cyst while on bc pills or could the reappearance of oariant cyst while on bc pills be a clue to an underlying condition?
Sun, 29 Jan 2012