What causes pelvic and abdominal pain after childbirth?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi doctor i have a 23/24 day cycle i had a baby 7 months ago. Im having very bad right pelvic pain and sometimes lower abdomen. Im gettin headAches and feeling tireed. We are using condoms as a contraceptive i havent got my period and its day28 i was also getting lots of creamy discharge white slimy but now its reduced
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get urine pregnancy test done

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
You can get a urine pregnancy test to rule out any pregnancy.
Regular use of condom is good enough method for contraception.
Stress may be the cause of delayed period or hormonal imbalance.
Persistent pain requires ultrasound evaluation too.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 44 minutes later
It's day 28 today should I do a pregnancy test right now ? Or tomorrow morning?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tomorrow morning

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
You should preferably do the pregnancy test tomorrow morning.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Ok thanks. I'm just wondering since I gave birth my periods have been 28 day cycle then one day it was 34 days and since 34 days for like 4 months now it's been 23-24 days. Maybe I am pregnant or maybe it's just a delayed period.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be either

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
It can be either of the two.
A urine pregnancy test will confirm the diagnosis.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 2 days later
Hi i did a pregnancy test on day 29 in the morning if showed negative today is day 31 i guess it is a delayed period. Lots of cramp and dull sharp pain on my right side pelvic and lots of milky white l/yellowsticky discharge
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Delayed periods

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Yes, it is likely to be delayed periods.
These are the signs of premenstrual phase.
You are likely to get periods in another 5-10 days.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D