Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

In early stage can we now prevent Rheumatoid arthritis ?

Hi Doctor, this is sunil,my wife is having pains in her joints from last 2 months.Last week we met Bone specilist in banglore he suggested us to do the blood testing report is positive about Rheumatoid arthrits. Now My question is this curable? 2.What kind of treatment we have to go now 3.which kind of food she can take? 4.any excersises are there for this 5.This is in early stage now can we prevent this ? WEaiting for your reply Thanks Regards sunil
Asked On : Thu, 4 Mar 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  701
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  User's Response

As these symptoms are newly started to your wife then there are chances to cure this arthritis. You follow ayurvedic medication along with basti settinges from panchakarma,There are variouse types of basti according to disease and patients PRAKRURTI docter will dicide the line of treatment. But i am sure your wife will definatly cure by ayurveda.About diet- Avoid curd,pickels,junk foods, dairy foods.
Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease which can  be controlled with medications... Absolute cure is may not be possible.... With good  medications and therepy you may be able to control the condition better.. The treatment may involve use of medications such as pain killer, steroid course/drugs for immunomodulation.. If these fail to control the condition then there are interferon which can be used.. Modification of lifestyle to prevent aggravation is needed.. No particular exercises are needed, the more rest given during pain, the better the healing would be.. What exactly the treatment options are would be decided by her treating doctor and these are only for information purpose.. Hence discuss with your doctor...

Answered: Fri, 5 Mar 2010
Rheumatologist Dr. Raheesh Ravindran's  Response
Dear Mr Sunil, as i can understand that your wife has been diagnosed to have rheumatoid arthritis,which has been validated by lab results.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease (where the bodies defence mechanism starts attacking its own cells) , which is not curable, but can be very well controlled with newer modalities of treatment.
Latest consensus for treatment among the rheumatologist is to go for early aggressive treatment to prevent deformities.Newer modalities of treatment include biological agents like Etarnacept which is seen to provide very good results in Rheumatoid arthritis. Although cost is a concern.You can discuss the options with your rheumatologist.
She can take any kind of food she likes,but a general opinion is to avoid fatty food ,and a low sugar diet as long standing rheumatoid arthritis has a potential to cause atherosclerosis (thickening of blood vessels) which may lead to heart problems.
She has to be in regular follow up with a Physiotherapist to keep her joints mobile and supple.
Regular treatment and physiotherapy can prevent joint damage and she can lead a good healthy life.
Hope you find my answers useful. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor