Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

How to treat heart valve blockage after surgey ?

my grand ma is a heart patient who had mither valve problem and had undergone surgery in the yr 1969.Before the size of the valve was 1.2 but now it s 0.8.moreover heart is not pumping the blood properly because some salts have blocked in the valve and also has swelling on the foot why??????
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi well come to hcm.
it sees your mother has developed restenosis of mitral valve,which has lead to
Rt sided heart failure due to back flow pressure.Its better you consult cardiothoracic
surgeon and find out wheather Baloon Valvoplaty is possible other wise drugs
like Diuretic.Lanoxin at times B-blockers are being use for conservative treatment,You
may use even ace inhibitors to improve her GC.Thanks
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor