question-icon

What do the attached blood reports indicate?

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
About the results of the blood tests;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your attached reports.
The levothyroxine dose is correct, you should continue for other 6 months with 125 mcg.
You do not have Diabetes.
High levels of high sensitive protein C reactive and low levels of Apolipoprotein A1 are suggestive for an elevated risk of cardiovascular disease in the future. So you need to try not to put on weight, eat healthy and do physical activity to lower the risk.
There is also a low level of iron and VitD that should be corrected.
Supplements of VitD3 are recommended ( 1000 UI / day ) for 3 months.
Regarding to low iron level you need to check also iron deposits ( ferritinemia) and than decide rather to take or not supplements.
These are the problems noticed at the above attached results.
Hope i have been helpful.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist