• question-icon

Pulsating vein in the right side of the neck, tests show vein was large, thyroid high. Suggestions?

I have a pulsating vein in the right side of the neck . I had a catscan and all I was told was that the vein was very large and that my thyroid was very high. Also 2 months ago I had a carotid artery scan and was told no changes I didn t need it checked again for 2 years. I have had carotid artery surgery 13 years ago, after I had a stroke . The pulsating just started 2 weeks ago. My doctor seems very unconcerned about the condition.
Mon, 2 Dec 2019
Endocrinologist 's  Response

It may be due to alteration of thyroid hormones, so you need to regulate them before.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Mirjeta Guni, Endocrinologist