Suggest treatment for vitamin D and B12 deficiency
further necessary information
Thanks for contacting with your health concern and after reviewing your medical history and medication section, I'm of the following opinion:
1. As there is positive obesity history which is associated with cardiovascular disease [ a medication for high BP is there] thus following is/are my observations:
i. There is no significant correlation between obesity and Vit. B12 level [unless and until the patient is a strict vegetarian, above 50 and below 18 years of age, and using proton pump inhibitors [medicine for acidity] and having intestinal absorption disease like IBS. [please let me know if any possibility is there for you]?
ii. The most common deficiency associated with obesity is the low concentration of Vit. D which is linked to accelerated atherosclerosis [through increased oxidative stress] thus do check with your lipid profile and blood test as routine
iii. As vitamin B12 is mainly found in animal protein thus non-vegetarian diet is the choice or you can take a multivitamin which includes Vitamin B3 and 12.
iv. For Vitamin D; sunlight is the best source, apart from that you can take carrot, beetroot, spinach, radish, tomato, coriander, mint, amla rasayan, soybean, cucumber, cabbage, vitamin D fortified: pineapple-yogurt-milk, dry mushroom, banana, cod liver oil.
v. If interested I can send you the herbal medicines [prepared by me] which will
naturally increase both the vitamin
PS. please let me know about the values of both the Vitamins.
Dr. Munish Sood
direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
Thanks for your reply.i am a pure vegetarian.
can you suggest ayurvedic medicines available in market.
Thanks once again
Thanks for reverting back
1. As already suggested that Vitamin B12 is readily present in animal protein and not present in plant food so for strict vegetarian fortified breakfast cereals, soy, almond/coconut milk fortified with Vitamin B12 is ideal or nutritional yeast products along with taking a Vit. B12 supplement is choice
PS. So you have to take medicine which helps in absorption of the vitamin-like panchassava, Ashwagandha churan.
2. For vitamin D: tablet Reosteo [Himalaya] and cod liver oil [seven seas] are best
PS. If you want pure Ayurveda formulation extracted from plant source and suitable for vegetarians, increasing both the level of vitamins do let me know since I do prepare the same [result oriented and cost effective]
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for vitamin b12 deficiency
- What is the treatment for vitamin b12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency treatment
- Vitamin b12 deficiency pituitary
- Vitamin b12 deficiency symptoms treatment
- Suggest treatment for vitamin b 12 deficiency
- Ayurved treatment for b12 deficiency
- Ayurvedic treatment for vitamin b12 deficiency
- Ayurvedic treatment for b12 deficiency
- Treatment of b12 deficiency
- Smoke regularly. Want to leave the habit. Help?
- diagnosed Hypothyroid and taking Synthroid. Having weight loss. Sugar,...
- Diagnosed with uterine fibroid. Suffer heavy bleeding and mild...
- Have irritated palate and gum line. Feel burning in mouth and tongue....
- Facing excessive hair fall problem. Need solution?
- Suffer menstrual cramps and heavy flow. Took meftal forte. Having sever...
- Wants to increase height. Using products shown in telemarketing. How...
- Having pimples on eyes and head. Leaving black spots on face. Give the...
- What can be given for 2 year baby for constipation, smelly stools,...
- Have dry nail with ridges and cracking at the front. How to keep nails...