How do you know if you have heart failure ?

Just wondering :] How do you know if you have heart failure ?
Thu, 15 Sep 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Thanks for query,
Heart failure you mean heart attack ?
Signs are severe retrosternal chest pain,chest distressed,difficulty in breathing,perspiration,pain may radiate in the arm or shoulder.
This is typical picture but without any signs or simply gastric upset or epigastric pain may be there and one is having heart attack.
If one has all or any one sign,has to go for ECG.
Ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.Your question doesn't suggest anything and what you are looking for.In typical medical terminology heart failure means heart can't pump blood properly.This results leaking of fluid in your body which causes swelling in feet,breathlessness and fatigue.Good luck.
andrea's  Response
"Heart failure is a condition in which the heart can't pump enough blood throughout the body. Heart failure does not mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. It means that your heart is not able to pump blood the way it should. The weakening of the heart's pumping ability causes: Blood and fluid to back up into the lungs . The buildup of fluid in the feet, ankles and legs - called edema. Tiredness and shortness of breath " (Medline Plus)