Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

How can I quit smoking ? please advise


I have smoked 30+ cigs/day for almost 40 years now. Recently i was diagonised as COPD patient.

Doctors have advised me to cease smoking altogether, but, despite my best efforts i have been able to reduce it only to 8-10 cigs/day.

Any suggestions if reduction in smoking will help me at all or i need to quit it for good.


Asked On : Tue, 28 Sep 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  299
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Welcome To Health Care Magic,
Smoking is the leading cause of PCOD.There is no cure for COPD but you will have to quit smoking as it will slow down the lung damage.Even you have to make sure that no one else smokes at home in front of you.The disease will get worse if you dont quit smoking.

Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query
Your copd has already set in. Try to restrict smoking to cease worsening of the lung. Use nicotine patches and also psychiatric help.
Have a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor