What causes increased heart rate while having Hashimoto's disease?
Are you taking thyroxine?
Thanks for query.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the thyroid. This leads to hypothyroidism.Most likely your endocrinologist has started you on thyroid hormone supplementation.
Severe tachycardia can be caused due to increased level of hormone in blood..
Please tell me if you are taking any throid hormone supplementation?
As external thyroid hormone can also cause tachycardia specially transient.
Please revert back asap so that i can answer accordingly.
Hey the feeling your are having is called palpitation as you are having them only at aa particular time i don't think they are serious or harmful, and it has been only five days since you are having them .In young females most of the times they're caused by stress and anxiety, or because you've had too much caffeine, nicotine, or alcohol.
As per the query regarding adrenals there can be a number of causes for palpitations.
An easy way to check for involvement of adrenals is serum cortisol level.Usually adrenal hormones are at peak in morning so you can go for a blood sample to make things clear.
However for me most likely its due to external thyroid supplementation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of increased heart rate
- Increased heart rate causes
- Increased heart rate while pregnant
- What can cause increased heart rate while climbing stairs
- What causes increased heart rate and palpitations
- Std that causes increased heart rate
- What causes anxiety with increased heart rate
- What std increases heart rate
- What could cause increased heart rate in the night
- What causes increased heart rates while on inderal
- Can swelling in the legs cause any complications based on the attached...
- What causes breathlessness while lying down as per the attached reports?
- What do these lab reports indicate?
- Does low BP cause cold sensation in the feet?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and foul smelling liquid discharge in the...
- What are the symptoms of angioedema?
- How much ghee should be a part of one's daily diet?
- What causes increased heart rate while having Hashimoto's disease?
- Suggest anti-inflammatory medication to be taken along with a blood thinner
- What causes pain in the left hand and upper back post acute MI treatment?