Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

How can I increase my haemoglobin levels ?

Hi.. I have found that my hemoglobin level was reduced to a minimal of 8 mg/Dl, and now it is around 9. I will become so tired and feels lack of proper breath in less time while running or while doing some exercises. It was there from my childhood. This value was around 11 when iam 15 Yrs old. Now i am 27 yrs old. Can you please suggest me to improve this?. Suggest me the type doctors with specialized in this.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  289
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hello. welcome to HCM.
Anemia of any form will lead to the symptoms that you are having. So for getting relief, it is important to correctly diagnose the cause and anemia first.
It is important to go in for complete hematological work up like
Iron studies,
Vitamin B12 and folate levels
Peripheral smear.
Based on results of these investigations, you need to have further work up if needed... like hemolytic work up, work up for uncommon anemias, etc.
HEMATOLOGIST is the person you must visit.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 29 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor