What causes temporary unconsciousness, blood clots in vomitus, pale skin and excessive sweating?
Can be due to systemic infection or liver disease
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what your colleague had been through.
Based on the history you have shared, the loss of consciousness can be due to multiple causes which are mostly due to nervous system involvement or systemic infections as well as metabolic derangements however when she woke up and spitted blood, and incontinence along with confusion raise suspicion of internal bleeding either from stomach ulcer or due to liver disease like cirrhosis.
But incontinence, passing out, and post tactal confusion can be due to epileptic sizure and blood can be due to tongue bite or internal trauma. She can be pale or white due to blood loss or sometimes slow internal gastric bleed may make somebody so lethrgic due to anemia that they can pass out for a while.
She would need baselines workup like complete blood picture to look for hemoglobin and white cells alomgwith platelets count to rule out any bleeding diathesis and lost blood and fluids will have to be replaced with blood and other infusions.
Metabolic derangements will also be correcred once diagnosed via electrolytes level and blood gases etc. Liver functions and Ultrasound abdomen will also be needed.
CT brain to look for any brain lesion and EEG will also be done.
Hope she recovers quickly. Hope this has answered your query.If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- What causes rectal blood clots
- What cancers cause blood clots
- What cause blood clot in mouth
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes blood clot discharge
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- What causes blood clots in uti
- What causes blood clots
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?