Suggest treatment for weakness and excessive sleepiness while having vitamin D deficiency

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi doctor

My age is 32 years and weight 55kg, from last 3-4 months im feeling so much of weekness and always feel like sleeping. Even if i sleep early i dont feel like getting up early in the morning. Im usually a hard working women stretch performing my ofc work taking care of house etc .. so im not liking this feeling of laziness/weekness.

I have iron n D deficiency. Not sure if this is the reason for weekness.

Please suggest me something to get back to my original lifestyle.

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get your blood tests done

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. I am Dr Anshul Varshney for your help.

Yes, vitamin D deficiency is not going to cause these symptoms.
If your Hemoglobin is good then slightly low iron won't also cause the symptoms.
I would recommend you to get your thyroid profile checked once.

Feel free to write back to me with the reports.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Hi doctor, Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned my hemoglobin is good as i donated blood in the month of Aug where they checked it before taking blood.

Also, i got full body checkup done in the month of march and thyroid test is negative with a values of T3 100, T4 6.2 and TSH 1.42

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take good multivitamin

Detailed Answer:
In that case this could be general debility. It could be stress related or could be due to unhealthy life.
Take a good multivitamin like Wellwoman for 1 month. Start yoga and meditation and i am hopeful you should recover soon.
I don't think there is any medical problem pertaining to your symptoms.
Good Luck.