Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

How can I get relief from depression ?

I feel I am having depression in my mind . I need some what relief from this. I am retail store manager ( (10 to 10) job. I am spending only one day with my family. I am getting angry even small thing... I can not explain how
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dear Sir/ Madam
The information provided is insufficient to infer any diagnosis but suggestive of depression or burnout. In either cases better to consult qualified mental health professionals (Psychiatrist).
Some tips that may be helpful in depression are- Cultivate supportive relationships(Turn to trusted friends and family members,Try to keep up with social activities even if you don’t feel like it), Challenge negative thinking (Think outside yourself,Allow yourself to be less than perfect,Socialize with positive people,Keep a “negative thought log"), Take care of yourself (Aim for 8 hours of sleep,Expose yourself to a little sunlight every day,Keep stress in check,Practice relaxation techniques), Get regular exercise, Eat a healthy, mood-boosting diet, Learn how to raise your emotional intelligence(Resolve conflict positively, Use humor and play to deal with challenges,Rapidly reduce stress).

Helpful tips for burnout are-
1-Physical tips- adequate sleep,Eat right, exercise.
2-Psychological tips-Hone your coping skills,Arm yourself with self-knowledge,Learn effective time management,Set realistic goals,Put yourself first.
3-Social tips- Nurturing your closest relationships such as those with your partner,
children or friend.Address your dissatisfaction at work. Practice healthy communication.

hope you will overcame soon.
Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to health care magic forum,
in this world every one has stress and tension. but how to mange is an art.
so first try to find out from where you are getting unneccessory stress. and try to avoid it.
another thing is that,
-be relax after 10pm donot carry tension of store at home. go for walk with family members.
-wake up at early morning. do yoga or meditation or go for walk in garden where fresh air is there.
after doing all this you will be feel better.
if not then consult any homeopath. who will evaluate your problem with many aspect and give you treatment accordingly. please donot take any psychiatric medicine which are very harmful.So consult good classical homeopath. You will surely get benefit with homeopathy.

For more inquiry and/or online treatment write to:
Have a good health
Answered: Mon, 26 Mar 2012
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see first you have to find out the reason why you feel like these?if you are not satisfied with your job or you missed you family ?want to spend time with have to concern any good homoepath because homeopathy work best on mental plan give perfect harmony to your mind and also do regular exercise and yoga which may help you in your problem.
Answered: Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor