Heavy bleeding, severe uterus infection. Biopsy saw scars and mass on ovaries. Help?

my mother is 67 yr olds . she has never had any surgery. she has not been feeling well for the last two yrs., shes been to doctors. she has started bleeding heavy, doctor says its severe uterine infection. gave her antibiotics...they did see a mass on top of ovaries , did a biopsy . It did come back negative, scar tissue .. she though has loss 50 lbs in the last two yrs, and is a heavy smoker and soda drinker. should we be concerned at this point?
Mon, 7 Apr 2014