Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Heartburn, indigestion, nausea. Suggest

Hi there. i have been suffering from heartburn..indigestion..nausea. for over 9 months now..been self treating as i dont like to bother doctors, took gaviscon for ages, then discovered ranititdine,,it helps a lot, only wish the dose was higher. i had a similar prob a few years ago, and it was treated and cured..plz help

Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Since you have recurrent acidity issue, I recommend an upper GI endoscopy be done to rule out peptic ulcer and get tested for H.pylori infection.
If found positive, this infection has to be eradicated for complete relief.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor