What does pain in the right-side of the chest while breathing deep indicate?

Dr. Sunil

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have a pain on the right side of chest more toward the back. I feel it when I take a deep breath, or cough. and it feels almost like a sore because food brushes against the affected areas as its going down. It feel like irs between the right breast and breastbone
Answered by Dr. Sunil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastrc issues are more likely

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query,
As you age is just 31 chances of it being cardiac are too low unless you are a chronic smoker or a tobacco abuser.

So if you are a nin smoker go for simple ecg.
In case you are smoker 2 d echo should be done.
if these tests are normal you are having acid peptic reflux disorder or gastritis.
It cause soft tissue injury and inflammation in gut wall and esophagus causing pain of nature you described.
Sternum and nearby arear are usually involved.
An endoscopy has to be done to ruke out the cause.
For time being would suggest you to take Omeprazole 40 mg once daily with a glass of chilled milk.
Take any over the counter antacid syrup along with it.
Follow up with reports!
Take care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana